Your support helps to conserve a vast array of crops uniquely adapted to the challenging growing conditions of the Greater Southwest. In addition, you make possible the important work NS/S does to share this vital diversity and educate people in the ancient practice of seed saving. Together we are building a more delicious, sustainable and abundant world!
We are constantly working to enhance our ability to meet the growing demand for seed preservation, seed production and increased seed collection.
Native Seeds/SEARCH has built a new $1.5M conservation facility that provides a larger, safer and more secure location to house our seed collection. As a result, we will be able to not only continue our work but also expand the work we do. Although we've raised nearly $1.1M as of April 2010, we still have a way to go. Please read below to see if you would like to join the campaign effort.
Highlights of the new NS/S Seed Bank:
- Increased seed safety and security with back-up generator, security system and sprinkler system.
- Nearly 5,200 sq. feet of work space including administration and conservation offices, a state of the art seed vault, cold storage and a seed processing area big enough to accomodate several staff and volunteers.
- Partnership with Pima County to create demonstration gardens, historic orchards, community classroom space, a retail outlet and a commercial kitchen.
- Active and passive green construction features, including solar energy, recylced blue jean insulation and infrastructure for a rainwater harvesting system.
- A beautiful hand tiled donor wall to recognize our Campaign supporters.
- Located at Tucson’s new Brandi Fenton Memorial Park in the Binghampton National Historic Landscape, this site is listed on the National Register of Historic Landscapes because of its extensive agricultural legacy.
Share your legacy with Native Seeds/SEARCH and ensure that future generations benefit from past generations' conservation of this region's rich agricultural heritage. After you have provided for your family, you may wish to consider a bequest to Native Seeds/SEARCH. Depending upon the type of gift, you may consider using the wording below:
Wills with a specific bequest:
"I hereby give and bequeath to Native Seed/SEARCH, a non-profit Arizona corporation located at 3584 E. River Road, Tucson, Arizona, 85718, Tax I.D. #94-2899356, the sum of $______ to be used for its general operations."
For a gift other than cash simply describe the gift or gifts.
By becoming a member of Native Seeds/SEARCH you are helping to conserve a vast array of crops uniquely adapted to the challenging growing conditions of the Greater Southwest. These crops represent an important genetic resource for global food security concerns as well as a priceless collection of cultural heritage.
Individual annual memberships provide vital support for Native Seeds/SEARCH’s innovative efforts.
As a Native Seeds/SEARCH member, you will receive:
- Seedhead News, our newsletter published three times a year
- our annual Seedlisting catalog
- invitations to special events at our Retail Store and at our Conservation Center
- 10% discount on all purchases (mail order and retail store)
- special members-only events and email promotions, including discounts for web orders
From Squash to Sunflower, every membership counts! We now offer two payment options: annual or monthly.
To become a new member or renew a membership, please choose one of the following options:
2) Become a new member (or renew a membership) with automatic monthly payments here:
Thank you for your support!
At Native Seeds/SEARCH, we depend heavily on our volunteers to help grow, conserve, and distribute the seed which is at the heart of our organization. The work we do offers volunteers the opportunity to help in a variety of ways – at our store, the Conservation Center (seed bank), on our farm in Patagonia, at special events, and more. There are opportunities for both groups and for individuals, short term and longer term.