Javelinas with Saguaro Basket - Tohono O'odham
This handwoven sculpture is by Tohono O'odham artist Fred Cruz from Sells, Arizona. Fred & Della Cruz are known for their unique, figurative 3-Dimensional baskets.
- This whimsical desert scene depicts 2 Javelinas with Saguaro Cactus
- It measures approximately 6 inches tall (top of cactus) on a 5.5 inch diameter base
- Plant materials are hand gathered from the Sonoran Desert
- Green inner coils are native Beargrass and the white, split stitches are of sun bleached Soaptree Yucca, green stitches are from unbleached Soaptree Yucca. Black facial detail is from Devil's Claw pod and cactus fruit representation is made from a rare material, Banana Yucca Root
- Keep away from sunlight to maintain color variations