Arizona Ranchero Desert Scene - Tohono O'odham
This wonderful handwoven sculpture is by Tohono O'odham artist Fred Cruz from Sells, Arizona. Fred & Della Cruz are known for their unique, figurative 3-Dimensional baskets.
- This whimsical scene depicts a Saguaro Cactus with Boots, Hat with Quail Feather, and Rope nearby.
- It measures approximately 8.5 inches tall (top of cactus) on 6.75 diameter base.
- Plant materials are hand gathered from the Sonoran Desert
- Green coils are native Beargrass and the white, split stitches are of sun bleached Soaptree Yucca. The black material used for detail is from Devil's Claw pod. The red stitching representing Saguaro Fruit on top of the cactus is Banana Yucca Root.
- Keep away from sunlight to maintain color variations.