Vicia faba. Fava beans from Mexico. Pick when young for fresh shelling, or use as dry bean when seed is allowed to fully mature. This variety was a prolific producer in our recent Tucson winter growout. It comes from the Continental Divide in the Sierra Madre in Mexico, where it was planted in early summer by the Rarámuri (Tarahumara) and was the last crop to be harvested in fall. From our Seed Bank Collection.
- Origin: High desert, 7300' elevation
- Can perform well in low desert winters also
- Light green seeds borne on 2 foot plants.
- Can tolerate brief exposures to below-freezing temps
- Approx. 15g/15 seeds per packet.
- Limit 3 packets.