Thymophylla pentachaeta. Low-growing (6–10”) plants with small daisy-like yellow flowers and darkish-green, very narrow leaves. Can make a bright beautiful carpet and readily reseeds. Likes dry slopes and flats, especially on limestone soils, from 2,500–5,500 ft. Not from our seed bank collection, but your purchase supports our conservation mission.
- Annual, but very readily reseeds itself
- Flowers May-August
- aka: Dahlberg daisy, dogweed, golden fleece, five-needle pricklyleaf
- Native throughout the Southwest
- Photo credit: Stan Shebs [CC BY-SA 3.0]
- 1 gram, plants approximately 30 square feet
- Limit 3 packets