Hyptis suaveolens. A versatile medicinal plant. A cooling drink is made from the jelled, chia-like seed which has high-fiber mucilage. Mayo peoples use it for an eye remedy. Leaves are used to make a fragrant tea which can help with upset stomach and diarrhea. From our Seed-Bank Collection.
- Origin: high desert, 3937' elevation
- Can be planted in high or low desert.
- A summer crop
- Plant seeds with the summer rains 1/4 inch deep.
- Plants can grow up to 6 feet tall.
- Approx. 0.5g/50 seeds per packet.
- Limit 3 packets.