Machaeranthera tanacetifolia. A purple, thin-petaled flower with a brilliant yellow center. Open spreading plants to 40” tall. We see them bloom year-round at the Conservation Center, with rain or a sprinkle ever now and then. Not from our seed bank collection, but your purchase supports our conservation mission.
- Annual, but very readily reseeds itself
- Likes open places and along streams,washes, and roadsides, below 8,000'
- Flowers March - October
- aka: Tanseyleaf tansyaster, Prairie Aster
- Native throughout the Southwest
- 1 gram, plants approximately 30 square feet