An ancient grinding corn used for pinole, cornmeal, and tortillas. Also very flavorful (but not sweet) when grilled as green corn. From along the Rio Mayo in Sonora. Flinty, cream colored kernels with occasional pink and purple kernels on tall plants, ca. 8-10 feet. Pollination in this variety can succeed in spite of very high temperatures. Late maturing, may not be suitable for northern locales.
- Approx. 21g/50 seeds per packet.
- Approx. 105g/250 seeds per Seed Saver Size plus information on corn pollination and seed saving.
- Approx. 540 seeds per 8 oz.
- Approx. 1080 seeds per 1 lb.
- Approx. 5416 seeds per 5 lbs.