For centuries the Indigenous people of the American Southwest and Northwest Mexico have saved seed varieties passed down through generations. About 70% of the seeds in the NS/S seedbank comes from these communities. NS/S works to ensure that indigenous people in our region continue to have access to these traditional seeds through the Native American Seed Request Program. Through this program we provide 15 free seed packets per household per year.
Who is eligible
NASR is for Native American individuals and families living in the Greater Southwest Region, or belonging to tribes from the Southwest Region regardless of residential location. The Greater Southwest region includes Arizona, New Mexico, Utah, Colorado, Nevada, western Oklahoma, western Texas, southern California, and northwest Mexico.
Please note we recently changed this program to increase the number of free seeds from 10 to 15 but eliminated discounts. Eligibility is focused exclusively on members of Southwest tribes or Native Americans living in the Southwest. Any Native American may sign up for a free membership to receive a 10% discount. Email email@example.com to join.
How to choose seeds
You can choose seeds from these lists:
- 15 free seed packets per household once a year
- No more than 3 packets of any one seed variety per request.
- Seed Saver Size packets may be requested, but each counts as 5 packets
How to Order seeds
- Download, print and mail this order form to 3584 E River Road, Tucson, AZ 85718 OR
- Email the order form to firstname.lastname@example.org OR
- Call toll-free at 866-622-5661 x113, 10am to 5pm, Monday through Friday;
- Only one order-form per household. Shipping charges are $4.95 per 15-packet request.
To request a print catalog please call 866-622-0830 x113. We strongly encourage recipients to save seeds from the plants they grow to continue the cycle of giving and improve food security. Save the seeds, share them, keep them alive in the community. Find more information on saving your own seeds.