NS/S stewards rare and endangered crops seeds so they continue to be available, especially to communities with historical and cultural relationships with these seeds. Seventy percent of the seeds in the NS/S seedbank were donated by or traded with Indigenous people of the American Southwest and Northwest Mexico. They saved these varieties and passed them down through generations. Through this program we provide 15 free seed packets per household per year.
Who is eligible
NASR is for Native American individuals and families living in the Greater Southwest Region, or belonging to tribes from the Southwest Region regardless of residential location. The Greater Southwest region includes Arizona, New Mexico, Utah, Colorado, Nevada, western Oklahoma, western Texas, southern California, and northwest Mexico.
15 free seed packets per household once a year. No more than 3 packets of any one seed variety per request.
How to order seeds (choose one)
- ONLINE: Click here for NASR Application
- MAIL: Download, print and mail this order form to 3584 E River Road, Tucson, AZ 85718
- PHONE: Local calls: 520-622-0830 x113 or Call toll-free at 866-622-5561 x113, 10am to 5pm, Monday through Friday
Where to choose seeds
- All the seed available through the program are here>>
- Wildflower seeds are not available through this program, but a complimentary packet of Southwest Native Wildflower mix will be included with each request
- Seed Saver Size packets may be requested, but each counts as 4 packets
- To have a Seedlisting catalog mailed to you please call 866-622-5561 x113.
Seeds can be shipped (shipping fees apply), or may be picked up at our Conservation Center in Tucson. Wait for an email that will tell you your order is ready, as this can take several days.
Find more information on saving your own seeds click here>>