For centuries the Indigenous people of the American Southwest and Northwest Mexico have saved seed varieties and passed them down through generations. About 70% of the seeds in the NS/S seedbank come from these communities. NS/S works to ensure that Indigenous people in our region continue to be able to have access to these traditional seeds through the Native American Seed Request Program. Through this program we provide 15 free seed packets per household per year.
Who is eligible
NASR is for Native American individuals and families living in the Greater Southwest Region, or belonging to tribes from the Southwest Region regardless of residential location. The Greater Southwest region includes Arizona, New Mexico, Utah, Colorado, Nevada, western Oklahoma, western Texas, southern California, and northwest Mexico.
Please note we recently changed this program to increase the number of free seeds from 10 to 15 but eliminated associated discounts.
Where to choose seeds
- Choose from available food seeds here>>
- Choose from available wildflower seeds here>> (*Only wildflowers with codes beginning with "WF" are included. Codes beginning with "WRA", "WRB", and "NSC" are not included.)
15 free seed packets per household once a year. No more than 3 packets of any one seed variety per request.
Seed Saver Size packets may be requested, but each counts as 5 packets
How to Order seeds
- Download, print and mail this order form to 3584 E River Road, Tucson, AZ 85718 OR
- Email the order form to email@example.com OR
- Local calls: 520-622-0830 x113 or Call toll-free at 866-622-5561 x113, 10am to 5pm, Monday through Friday;
- Only one order-form per household. Shipping charges are $4.95 per 15-packet request.
To request a print catalog please call 866-622-5561 x113. We strongly encourage recipients to save seeds from the plants they grow to continue the cycle of giving and improve food security. Save the seeds, share them, keep them alive in the community. Find more information on saving your own seeds.